Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Old Town Placentia's Treasures
I was having lunch with Charlotte, a wonderful woman who grew up in the Muckenthaler's grove as her father was their ranch manager. She tipped me off to the great Mexican food trio that exists East of the border- and by that I mean in Placentia. El Farolito, El Cantarito Restaurant, and Tlaquepaque Restaurant are all within a block of each other. Each has their own reported super powers: one with fresh homemade tortilla's, one with great chile verde and one with a line around the block. I'm making it my mission to try all three this month. I did El Cantarito this week and the chile verde was very good, the chips were excellent and everything was fresh, clean and non-greasy. Two of us ate a big meal for $8 bucks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment