Thursday, June 16, 2011
A Little Italy in Anaheim
I grew up in Italian neighborhoods in New York. All my mother's friends were little Sicilian ladies stirring "gravy" all day in the kitchen. SO I'm a little picky when it comes to Italian Food. I've yet to find a great Italian restaurant near Fullerton that meets my high hole-in-the-wall standards. My favorite Italian is still in Los Alamitos- Fio Rito's, who makes the best Cannelloni this side of the Mississippi. But at a recent Muckenthaler Farm Dinner (a true Foodie event) I overheard a lady talking about Italian Markets. She turned out to be an Italian-born Cal STate professor who swears by Anaheim's Cortina Market as "Authentic" Italian. Well, lo and behold, they have a eatery attached. Well reviewed on Yelp and many bragging about the meatballs. Today my culinary adventure brought me to the heart of Anaheim and this venerable establishment, open since the 60s. I am proud to say, its true! Great food. Cheap food. Great meatballs. All from the wonderful imports next door at their Italian Market. Go check it out. Its two steps in the door to fly from Anaheim to Italy- or at least Little Italy, NY.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment