There are some pretty great tacos in North OC, but I have yet to find any tacos as good as some of the best lunch truck tacos I used to get at 3 AM after dancing all night in LA clubs when I was in my 20s. Maybe part of that was the hunger factor and being dehydrated, but those little packages of maze and meat with great salsa make my tastebuds tingle today just thinking about it.
In Fullerton El Camino Real has a great taco- especially the chorizo taco (ole!) and my new hole-in-the-wall in La Habra that I wrote about last week is nice with fresh tortillas. Taqueria De Anda is pretty good. Today I tried Taco Adobe in Orange after a friend's recommendation. It was a bit disappointing. There salsa is just OK, the tortilla is just OK and the tacos varied. The fish taco (there best seller) was greasy and didn't taste like Mahi Mahi, but the calamari taco was very good. It was so tender (and you know it can get rubbery if not properly cooked.) So thumbs up on the squid taco!! But I'm still looking for the best taco in North OC. Suggestions?
http://www.yelp.com/biz/arturos-puffy-taco-whittier
ReplyDeleteTry Arturo's puffy taco in Whittier. =)
Crunchy Chicken Taco at MexiCasa in Anaheim (amazing Mexican food!)
ReplyDelete